Girl on tinder liked me and we matched, only because she saw her ex on my photos. Toxic or not?

So basically I was on tinder and I saw that this girl let’s call her Joanne liked me. So I swiped right on the Joanne that kept popping up for me on my tinder. We get to talking anyways we never met before, then finally we set up a date.

And as a guy does I told my best mates that I got a date with a girl. I tell all of them, then I say it to the last friend, let’s call him John. He tells me Joanne sounds familiar. Let’s see her snap name. John tells me then and their that’s my ex from 4 years ago we went out for a year and apparently they had a very spicy relationship. He tells me everything they did how it started and ended.

I start to add things up quickly and I realise that my friend John is on 3 of my 8 pics alongside me on my tinder profile.

So now I’m thinking did this girl seriously like me just to hurt my friend again or hurt me by possibly standing me up on that date just because I’m best friends with her ex, who is John. Which I didn’t know about I’ve only been good mates with John the last 3 years.

I just can’t believe people can be that toxic and I feel like a joke.



Submitted June 12, 2022 at 12:10AM

So basically I was on tinder and I saw that this girl let’s call her Joanne liked me. So I swiped right on the Joanne that kept popping up for me on my tinder. We get to talking anyways we never met before, then finally we set up a date.And as a guy does I told my best mates that I got a date with a girl. I tell all of them, then I say it to the last friend, let’s call him John. He tells me Joanne sounds familiar. Let’s see her snap name. John tells me then and their that’s my ex from 4 years ago we went out for a year and apparently they had a very spicy relationship. He tells me everything they did how it started and ended.I start to add things up quickly and I realise that my friend John is on 3 of my 8 pics alongside me on my tinder profile.So now I’m thinking did this girl seriously like me just to hurt my friend again or hurt me by possibly standing me up on that date just because I’m best friends with her ex, who is John. Which I didn’t know about I’ve only been good mates with John the last 3 years.I just can’t believe people can be that toxic and I feel like a joke.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.