Should I try again?

I (25F) want to subtly show someone (25M) I am interested in them again and wish to do so by interacting with their Instagram story. I hadn't viewed any of their content since we stopped talking because the last few things they posted really triggered me.

They have consistently watched me and recently interacted with a post (which I can't lie, I was waiting for). Our very brief exchange left a window open for me to ask how they were doing, but they could’ve done the same if they wanted. Still, I have purposefully muted all of their content because I don't want to spiral if viewing it is a trap, but I also don't want them to think I don't care about them anymore.

I see motivational pages that encourage people to reach out instead of hiding their feelings, but at the same time, I want to protect myself because I know I am sensitive.

Between a potential trigger and them saying “You’ll be back” when I mentioned cutting them off in the past, I can’t decide if I want to prove them right and go down that rabbit hole, but I feel they might miss me too.



Submitted May 31, 2022 at 12:06AM

I (25F) want to subtly show someone (25M) I am interested in them again and wish to do so by interacting with their Instagram story. I hadn't viewed any of their content since we stopped talking because the last few things they posted really triggered me.They have consistently watched me and recently interacted with a post (which I can't lie, I was waiting for). Our very brief exchange left a window open for me to ask how they were doing, but they could’ve done the same if they wanted. Still, I have purposefully muted all of their content because I don't want to spiral if viewing it is a trap, but I also don't want them to think I don't care about them anymore.I see motivational pages that encourage people to reach out instead of hiding their feelings, but at the same time, I want to protect myself because I know I am sensitive.Between a potential trigger and them saying “You’ll be back” when I mentioned cutting them off in the past, I can’t decide if I want to prove them right and go down that rabbit hole, but I feel they might miss me too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.