Lovely long term relationship but boyfriend wishes he was fucking more people (both 23)

So like I mentioned, I and my partner have been together for 3 years and have had a lovely time, we love each other dearly but my bf keeps suggesting open relationships and arrangments like those.

He has been suggesting that for a while and since I am not as comfortable with it I have informed him of the same. Just today, when I asked if he considers himself polyamorous he says he just wishes to 'fuck more people'. And I have told him he's free to do as he pleases and if wishes to explore this he may do so but I don't want to be in an open relationship so I shall be walking out of this relationship and his life cordially but I don't think I can take that. Especially after unstable relationship of my parents which includes adultery made my life difficult.

I don't wish to restrict him or what he does I just don't wish to be in an open relationship.

We both join graduate school and he earlier mentioned he can't do long distance if it's cross country so after analysing the prospects of the country he's considering I planned my study abroad around that. Should I go ahead with it, could it be just a phase for him or am I setting myself up to get cheated on.

He's a very loving very caring very calm and composed human being who I do wish to have build a life with.

I would literally give my kidney and like eyeballs for him but open relationship is not something I am comfortable with hence won't partake.



Submitted May 19, 2022 at 12:15AM

So like I mentioned, I and my partner have been together for 3 years and have had a lovely time, we love each other dearly but my bf keeps suggesting open relationships and arrangments like those.He has been suggesting that for a while and since I am not as comfortable with it I have informed him of the same. Just today, when I asked if he considers himself polyamorous he says he just wishes to 'fuck more people'. And I have told him he's free to do as he pleases and if wishes to explore this he may do so but I don't want to be in an open relationship so I shall be walking out of this relationship and his life cordially but I don't think I can take that. Especially after unstable relationship of my parents which includes adultery made my life difficult.I don't wish to restrict him or what he does I just don't wish to be in an open relationship.We both join graduate school and he earlier mentioned he can't do long distance if it's cross country so after analysing the prospects of the country he's considering I planned my study abroad around that. Should I go ahead with it, could it be just a phase for him or am I setting myself up to get cheated on.He's a very loving very caring very calm and composed human being who I do wish to have build a life with.I would literally give my kidney and like eyeballs for him but open relationship is not something I am comfortable with hence won't partake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.