/u/QuagsireInAHumanSuit on Microlabels

I think in the last week alone I’ve encountered four people saying, “I’m not sure if I’m ace because while I’m not attracted to anybody, I still have fantasies, I’m not sure where I belong!” So I’ve suggested they look into aegosexuality, and all of them have been grateful to learn that they do belong here, and they’re not alone in their feelings. And since some ace people don’t have that experience, it’s good to have separate terms, as so much of the angst in the aro/ace communities is the division between those who want and those who don’t want sexual or romantic connections, you can’t really lump everyone under the same umbrella without any further differentiation, because that’s where confusion and miscommunication and gatekeeping happen. It’s just letting people easily describe their personal feelings with a simple vocabulary. I’m pretty sure aspec people have all these micro labels because we’re the community that spends the most time dissecting our feelings because our orientation is the one that’s discussed the least in society.





April 02, 2022 at 11:12PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.