/u/AuntChelle11 on Do you think asexuality is a queer identity?

I agree with this. I'm in my early 50's. Growing up there was no sex-ed in my school. No readily available resources for anyone questioning. Queer was a hateful slur for most of my life (that I hadn't even heard TBH). It's since been re-claimed, however many older generations of the queer Australian community hate the term still.

I've always felt different to everyone I knew. I didn't self-examine because I didn't know to self examine my sexuality. So I'm a late bloomer, I guess. But that means that I am straight-passing. I supconsciously learned to blend in. To have the right responses, make the right jokes, pretend to have the same feelings.

I feel that the younger generations experiences are completely different to my own.





April 27, 2022 at 01:04AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.