/u/GreekMythNerd on What was your parents' relationship like?

Lowkey jealous of all the people who didn't grow up in abusive households... now that I live on my own I'm learning so much about what a healthy relationship should be from my boyfriend and therapy. Your parents don't hit each other? They don't tell each other to jump in front of a bus? Your parents didn't call you a selfish little bitch when you asked to go outside once a year?

I'd like to stress that any emotional, mental, physical or any other stressor or form of abuse that anyone has experienced is not okay, and you have a right to feel hurt, neglected, angry, and to seek therapy. It has been incredibly helpful for me, and I encourage it.





February 06, 2022 at 12:26AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.