I finally decided to text him back. Here’s what happened

Here’s what’s going on for those who didn’t see my og post:

I (27f) have a crush on my (40m) friend. I texted him one of those corny online valentines as a hint and he didn’t respond. I texted him about it today and here’s what happened:

The first message is from me, it says: “sorry if it made you uncomfortable, I just thought it was cute. The pun in it is kind of cringy anyways.”

He replied: “sorry i didn’t get back to you until just now! It’s a very good pun and a very neutral Valentine’s message and nothing wrong with sending that to anybody.

I say that because I’ve sent messages that were way more playing than that and then spent the next hour overthinking it without the Valentine’s Day context and without the longer than a day delay.

So I just wanted to say sorry then and there for that

It’s an awful excuse that does not grant me leniency but it makes me feel better to say that as the only employee of the 4 who has been at work for the last 2 days I haven’t been very social.

So sorry for being a less than ideal friend. “

He’s the manager at a fedex office store. We’ve been under a winter storm advisory. It was worse up where he was. IMO he should’ve just closed the shop for a couple days.

He didn’t even need to send me this long winded explanation and he has nothing to be sorry for. I may not have much of a life myself but I know shit happens. Also, He’s not a “less than ideal friend.” He’s one of the best I’ve ever had, which is why I caught feelings for him in the first place.

after all that, I don’t think he got the hint

Back to square one I suppose lol



Submitted February 05, 2022 at 12:03AM

Here’s what’s going on for those who didn’t see my og post:I (27f) have a crush on my (40m) friend. I texted him one of those corny online valentines as a hint and he didn’t respond. I texted him about it today and here’s what happened:The first message is from me, it says: “sorry if it made you uncomfortable, I just thought it was cute. The pun in it is kind of cringy anyways.”He replied: “sorry i didn’t get back to you until just now! It’s a very good pun and a very neutral Valentine’s message and nothing wrong with sending that to anybody.I say that because I’ve sent messages that were way more playing than that and then spent the next hour overthinking it without the Valentine’s Day context and without the longer than a day delay.So I just wanted to say sorry then and there for thatIt’s an awful excuse that does not grant me leniency but it makes me feel better to say that as the only employee of the 4 who has been at work for the last 2 days I haven’t been very social.So sorry for being a less than ideal friend. “He’s the manager at a fedex office store. We’ve been under a winter storm advisory. It was worse up where he was. IMO he should’ve just closed the shop for a couple days.He didn’t even need to send me this long winded explanation and he has nothing to be sorry for. I may not have much of a life myself but I know shit happens. Also, He’s not a “less than ideal friend.” He’s one of the best I’ve ever had, which is why I caught feelings for him in the first place.after all that, I don’t think he got the hintBack to square one I suppose lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.