Coworker Help

This is your typical coworker story.

I started at a new company a few months ago. There is a girl on my team who I didn't have interest in pursuing until one day she starts opening up to me about things after I would casually ask how she was. Answers I would get were fairly personal like, "oh a family member is really sick" or "I just broke up with my boyfriend" etc.

After these conversations started happening, I got a message saying "miss you" after we hadn't talked for a few days. This is where it all flips for me. I should've never entertained her but I figure eh why not it might be cool to get to know her and have a new friend. Little did I know I'd start to see this girl as much more than just a casual friend and things would get much more personal.

After we started snap chatting/texting each other daily I one day got a snap message saying "CUTIE". I am the type of person to always ask somebody straight up what they mean, so I text her and say "is that how you really feel about me?" She then said no and that she meant it in a friendly way and that she really values our friendship.

In the weeks following I take the hint and try to ease off but she continues to message me frequently until the winter break happens. I got covid during it, and her and I didnt talk for a few days. on new years eve she unfollows me on IG which i assume means the end of our "friendship". That is until I come back to work after the holiday and she texts me asking how I'm feeling.

I don't reply to her message until the end of the day but naturally she continues messaging me which makes it also impossible for me to avoid her. One day she even asks me to come pick her up after her car goes to the shop. After a week or so I finally decide to draw a line in the sand and ask her to hang out outside of work. She initially asks if anybody else from work will be there and I say no, but if she isnt comfortable with a 1 on 1 situtation, I wont ask anymore. She says she is fine with it just being us and then follows me back on IG that day.

Fast forward to last week and we finally hung out and had an awesome fucking time. I didn't make any moves but got a long ass hug at the end of the night and a text saying "let me know when you get homeee".

At this point I feel like I need an answer from her. Are you interested in me or not? But I feel like I've already asked this once before. Do I simply just stop responding to her all together to save myself the heartache or do I continue pursuing and see where this ultimately lands (I have a feeling it wont end well.

HELP.



Submitted January 16, 2022 at 01:13AM

This is your typical coworker story.I started at a new company a few months ago. There is a girl on my team who I didn't have interest in pursuing until one day she starts opening up to me about things after I would casually ask how she was. Answers I would get were fairly personal like, "oh a family member is really sick" or "I just broke up with my boyfriend" etc.After these conversations started happening, I got a message saying "miss you" after we hadn't talked for a few days. This is where it all flips for me. I should've never entertained her but I figure eh why not it might be cool to get to know her and have a new friend. Little did I know I'd start to see this girl as much more than just a casual friend and things would get much more personal.After we started snap chatting/texting each other daily I one day got a snap message saying "CUTIE". I am the type of person to always ask somebody straight up what they mean, so I text her and say "is that how you really feel about me?" She then said no and that she meant it in a friendly way and that she really values our friendship.In the weeks following I take the hint and try to ease off but she continues to message me frequently until the winter break happens. I got covid during it, and her and I didnt talk for a few days. on new years eve she unfollows me on IG which i assume means the end of our "friendship". That is until I come back to work after the holiday and she texts me asking how I'm feeling.I don't reply to her message until the end of the day but naturally she continues messaging me which makes it also impossible for me to avoid her. One day she even asks me to come pick her up after her car goes to the shop. After a week or so I finally decide to draw a line in the sand and ask her to hang out outside of work. She initially asks if anybody else from work will be there and I say no, but if she isnt comfortable with a 1 on 1 situtation, I wont ask anymore. She says she is fine with it just being us and then follows me back on IG that day.Fast forward to last week and we finally hung out and had an awesome fucking time. I didn't make any moves but got a long ass hug at the end of the night and a text saying "let me know when you get homeee".At this point I feel like I need an answer from her. Are you interested in me or not? But I feel like I've already asked this once before. Do I simply just stop responding to her all together to save myself the heartache or do I continue pursuing and see where this ultimately lands (I have a feeling it wont end well.HELP.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.