/u/hygfb5567 on How do you deal with people flirting with you?

I try to be polite but still firm. Whenever a straight woman or a gay man very obviously tries flirting with me I just try the basics such as “I’m sorry, I’m just not interested.” “I’m flattered, but not interested.” If they start pushing anything beyond that, like making you uncomfortable or disrespecting your boundaries then they’re the ones who are being very rude and it’s not worth being very polite to them at that point and if it’s necessary you’re justified in being more firm or harsh IMO. And by harsh I don’t mean insulting them or something. Just consistently stand your ground and make it VERY clear. This is just what works for me most of the time. Idk what kind of people you may have to deal with so I guess it’s possible not everything I said is guaranteed to work.





December 16, 2021 at 12:18AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.