/u/JuliaX1984 on I learned that my asexuality might be due to a lifelong hormone disorder & I'm worried about changing.

You could be. You'll find out. Don't feel like you instantly know as soon as you first begin treatment.

Learning something new about yourself is always a gain, even if it's scary. Making this discovery doesn't change you, just helps you understand yourself better.

The treatment will change things, but it won't change your sexuality - as people keep trying to tell homophobic parents, that's impossible. You might have new desires, which means you've learned more about which manmade label applies most accurately to you, or you might not. Just remember that suppressing them won't help anything.

Try to think of this as a new adventure. The unknown is scary, but it's exciting, too. You could feel like exploring a whole new world you were never interested in before, or you might just go on like you always have but healthier and better equipped to take care of yourself.

Hope your treatment is successful!





October 23, 2021 at 11:13PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.