/u/uuneya on Why are we so disliked?

People aren't naturally resistant to new ideas though. We can be very curious about them in fact, because our brains are literally wired to seek out novelty! No, this pattern occurs because we live in a society that actively demonizes anyone who falls outside the allocishet boundaries that have been put up for the sake of social cohesion. It's learned behavior.

This is also why we have people who reject bigotry against their own part of the LGBTQIA+ umbrella but not the others; they haven't examined the beliefs they learned from a society that taught them to hate all of us, even though they had to work through internalized negatively to accept themselves. They make the mistake of stopping at their own comfort and ignoring the rest.





September 24, 2021 at 11:38PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.