/u/Lionoras on The sexualization of the LGBT/GRSM community is horrible

I'm not so on track with the manga, but I feel that you can generally interpret pretty much anything into Saiki.

In the series, he doesn't have direct interest because, as he states himself, can't really even see women (or anyone) normally. He sees them as creepy muscle things. And generally, he always worries so much about staying under the radar that you of course don't get a normal teen-boy experience.

That way you could read him as aro/ace or just blinded by his powers. That's why the show is also partially funny; often Saiki misreads peoples intentions and gets more or less manipulated into friendships & other stuff. With sometimes throwing in moments that can be read as bonding, or romantic or not.

Regarding the shapeshifting thing... I'm not sure if you can see that as him being trans. Because he changed his body unconsciously. Just because he doesn't care also doesn't really make him nonbinary and in general he seems pretty fine with being a guy.

So yeah, I agree with you





September 02, 2021 at 11:50PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.