/u/yarnhord on Much older women aggressively hit on me often at special events and I'm tired of no one ever taking me seriously when I complain.

You're being sexually harassed. It's not okay just because you're a man and you don't have to tolerate it. You can definitely shut it down politely and pointedly. "I don't appreciate you making comments about my body and grabbing at me. Please stop or I'll be walking away from this conversation." If it's work events and there are coworkers making comments you should take it to HR and stick to facts. "___ made ___ comments about me and touched my body without my permission despite my asking them to stop." Just remember that you setting boundaries is not making a scene and neither is you telling someone firmly to stop touching or objectifying you. You're allowed to say that you don't like what's happening or how you're being touched. I've told coworkers before that I prefer to not be touched at all because of some overly friendly people I worked with.





August 13, 2021 at 11:48PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.