/u/Carradee on Back into the closet!

If you don't want a relationship in general, you could point out that their derision is in fact calling Paul a liar in I Corinthians 7:7–8, that you have the gift of celibacy.

If you do want a relationship but just not sex, you can highlight the "mutual consent" part of I Corinthians 7:5, which itself indicates that some people are fine with that, then point out the "gift of celibacy" thing described in I Corinthians 7:7–8 to reinforce that yes, lack of sex something some people are fine with.

To really smack them on their collective noses, you can mention that their sitting in the seat of scoffers is not exactly a fruit of the Spirit (cf. Psalm 1:1).

If they persist in the ageism, whether by looking down on you as too young or by protesting your scolding, then you can point to I Timothy 4:12.

I hope this helps you engage them per their own alleged standards!





August 13, 2021 at 11:51PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.