/u/justobsolete on Ace-spec?

Identity is not like a diagnosis or math equation. You can't just put in X and Y and press the button and get an exact answer back. Because that's not how identity works. That's not how humans work. There is no "objectively" being any identity, tbh. Identity is totally subjective.

The important considerations to choosing your label should be:

  • Do I want to use this label?
  • Does it make me happy/comfortable to use this label?
  • Does using this label help me connect to a community of people with similar experiences/to whom I relate?
  • Does this label help me communicate my feelings to others?

You are right that gray-asexual is indeed vague! That's because it is an umbrella term for any asexual spectrum experience. (Asexual is, too, but gray-asexual is a way for people to specify that they are are asexual but do still experience sexual attraction in some way, shape, or form.) There is no one way to be gray-asexual. It is a conglomeration of experiences to designate that in some manner you experience some form of sexual attraction on a scale or in a manner that is much more rare than your typical person.

If you haven't read Asexual Agenda's "Many Ways To Be Between" on gray-asexuality, I fully recommend it. This is the article that really helped me understand the broad diversity of gray-asexuality.





August 12, 2021 at 11:56PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.