/u/Gilolitan on Does it bother you that if you're in a relationship, people will assume you're just straight or gay (or allo)?

N'aw, it's really just because straight is the only one I've always know for sure I am not. And the idea of thinking of myself as having such a radically different life experience -- being attracted to masculine traits and *not* feminine traits -- is like . . . what? how would that work? what is there even to like? where would I be now? how would I become 'the guy' of the group so fast if I was straight? etc. etc. It's so strange and alien to me, so much more so than anything else I've thought about while reflecting about orientations, that the reaction is strong accordingly.

I have heard of gynesexual! I resonate with it a lot more than either bi- or homo- alone but it's so unknown that I don't tend to think about it as much. It also feels somehow weird to specify gyneaesthetic even though it's absolutely correct for me. I find feminine traits attractive on everyone, and what sex their body happens to be feels irrelevant (outside of how a few activities work).

I guess I fit in the 'oriented aroace' category. I don't really get gender (I'm agender), or sexual attraction, or romantic attraction . . . but I *do* find feminine traits aesthetically attractive, and I can be alterously attracted to anyone regardless of sex. I think that I think about those attractions a lot more than others, because I'd probably be up for sex with anyone I'm close to if it came up (I see it basically 1:1 with other fun activities, such as video games). And I have to figure out how that all fits together with my more specific aesthetic preferences, when almost everyone I'm close to at this moment are male and aesthetic/sexual get conflated so much that it's confusing.





August 03, 2021 at 11:21PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.