/u/StinkyPeePeeSauce on What point are we trying to make by being included in LGBT? If everything that is "not straight" is LGBT, then aren't we segregating everything from heterosexuals?

The fact they have not had to live their lives in fear of knowing that they could be fired from work, or hell even murdered in the streets for being the “wrong” sexual orientation is their pride parade. Also, you talk about kids caring about what’s happening now. Right now, in some parts of the world, you can be imprisoned for being ace. Right now, in our world, you can be sent to conversion therapy if you’re ace. Right now, you could experience corrective rape for being ace. Do straight people experience things just as queer folk have? No. We can talk about straight pride when we have our fuckin liberties in tact.





July 30, 2021 at 11:45PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.