/u/PitifulMistake1665 on defining asexuality and label usage: in response to a recent claim that the ace community is becoming an “exclusionary group”

I agree that sex-averse people and asexuals have some similar experiences, such as people shaming them for not wanting sex. But at the end of the day, sex-aversion and asexuality are not the same thing. One is a sexual aversion, the other is a sexual orientation. Anyone of any sexuality can be sex-averse, and there certainly is a negative bias against those who are sex-averse. So I have nothing against standing together in solidarity. But at the end of the day, they are two vastly different things. Asexuals are discriminated against in a different way, even if said discrimination is somewhat similar to that against sex-averse individuals.





July 30, 2021 at 11:36PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.