/u/ReformedHippo on My allo husband just told me he's never been interested in who I am as a person.

I’m so sad and angry on your behalf right now. I think the most important thing you can do is decide if you want to continue in a relationship that’s so one-sided. Give yourself time to digest first. He’s been lying to you for years. Is it possible there have been other lies?

This reminded me of a (bad) relationship I was in once where I was so in love that when the guy told me he didn’t love me and probably never would, I stayed, and it was the worst decision of my life. (I even had a little voice inside my head saying, ‘I deserve better than this’ yet didn’t listen). He was using me and I refused to see it for a long time...

Long story short... if he’s just with you out of attraction then it sounds like he’s using you for sex and you’re not getting what you need out of a partner. Never mind what will happen as you get older. You need to take care of yourself first.





June 09, 2021 at 12:00AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.