/u/Huskatt on Feeling like I don't fit anywhere

So about "depriving" your partner of a proper relationship, especially if it's their first one. I've gone down that guilt bullshit path myself before and what I needed to realise was that it isn't up to me to decide if I'm "good enough". You may get the feeling that "oh but he lacks experience so he doesn't know any better than to stick with me", but listen that's something your partner has to decide. You are not keeping him chained up in your basement. He is his own person and able to decide who he want to be in a relationship with. If he doesn't think it's working he can tell you. You can talk about it, you might find some compromise you are both comfortable with, he can even break up with you, but you don't get to decide if he thinks you are good enough for him, he does.

You are beeing unfair and setting yourself up against a hypothetical person that you have made oh so wonderful and an ideal partner because you love your partner and think that's what he deserves, but this person isn't real. Your partner is together with you because he wants to and I assume because you have some great qualities that he appreciates. The only thing you can really do is communicate, try and be a good and supportive partner in the ways that you can and see how it goes you know?





June 04, 2021 at 12:04AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.