/u/askwomenthrowaway23 on Im conflicted on whether to come out

Write >!SPOILER!< to hide text, replacing SPOILER with whatever text you don’t want people to see unless they click it first. Might be useful for that trigger warning.

There’s a lot of ways people “test the waters” for how safe it will be to come out, which helps them make their decision. Pretending to ask about what “a friend I know” should do or what they’d think of a friend who did something is a common excuse to use when you’re really asking about yourself but don’t want to admit it, but it’s used so often because sometimes people really are asking on how to advise their friend or what they think of the friend. It does have a risk of you getting called on this strategy, and a lot of people will recognize you’re really talking about yourself but play along.

Search “come out” on this subreddit. You’ll find a lot of advice for people who aren’t sure if they should come out or not.





June 18, 2021 at 11:28PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.