/u/amontymonster on Im conflicted on whether to come out

Two things: first, I would be very very careful with comparing yourself to someone who may or may not be asexual. Your grandfather - and your grandmother, for that matter - may not appreciate your assessment of his sexuality when it gets back to him. It could damage your relationship with them and your family if they're not prepared to accept your sexuality and could put your grandfather in an awkward position if it's something he's never wanted to vocalize.

Second, if you do decide you will be happier being true to yourself regardless of the fact that your family may not accept/believe you fully, keep in mind it will probably be an awkward conversation. I'm generally sex-repulsed and have found that coming out as asexual is always 100% uncomfortable for me. Most of those experiences have come from people asking me very personal, inappropriate, and specific questions about my sex life, how I am in the bedroom, whether I've tried it, with who, whether I can masturbate... if you come out to your family with an orientation they've never heard of, be prepared for some horrifyingly personal questions.





June 19, 2021 at 12:03AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.