/u/StrictlyMisadventure on Ah yes, asexual women aren't *really* asexual. Also sorry if it was posted here, just saw it and knew it belonged here

Precisely! Maybe they WERE recording asexuality, in a way. They just wouldn't have known that's what it was at the time. Think of all the people who opted for being "confirmed bachelors" or "spinsters" over getting married, or the number of women who chose to become nuns. Sure, we can attribute some of those choices to other circumstances, but I'm sure at least some percentage made that choice because by today's standards they would qualify as asexual. Also, based on how often we can find posts about people just now realizing they're asexual after being in relationships for years, my guess is that a good chunk of people who would be considered asexual today would, in the past, have simply gotten married anyways because that's just what you did.





May 09, 2021 at 11:17PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.