Should I ask her out?

So I (M 22) have an online friend group that I've played games with very often for the past 2 years. I've known this girl for about just as long as I've been a part of this online friend group and I now consider myself to be close friends with them as we've made plans to take a trip to all hang out minus the girl that I like. Niky, the girl I like, and I have rarely talked over the previous 2 years until recently (past month) where we talk on both discord and outside of discord quite often. If we aren't working we are sending each other texts or are gaming with one another.

Well, recently I've started to catch feelings as we've started to send photos of each other and ask much more personal questions, however, it still feels like even though we've gotten closer over the past month, we still are just friends, and feels like she may not be interested even though she constantly wants to game with me. It could just be that she's not into the games that the members of our group are playing currently, and since I'm willing to play the same games as her she will just gravitate towards me, so it might not be anything serious.

Also, she lives a couple of states away, but since I recently got a new and MUCH better paying job it feels like the distance isn't actually that bad. Should I tell her how I feel and possibly make the dynamic of the tight friend group that I have slightly awkward or just sit on the feelings and wait for them to pass and possibly miss out on an opportunity?

TLDR: The girl I like is in a friend group that I've been in for 2 years, we recently started talking a lot more in the past month, she lives a couple of states over. Should I risk missing out on an opportunity for the sake of the group dynamic or go with the flow and ask her out and try not to make it awkward?



Submitted May 09, 2021 at 11:54PM

So I (M 22) have an online friend group that I've played games with very often for the past 2 years. I've known this girl for about just as long as I've been a part of this online friend group and I now consider myself to be close friends with them as we've made plans to take a trip to all hang out minus the girl that I like. Niky, the girl I like, and I have rarely talked over the previous 2 years until recently (past month) where we talk on both discord and outside of discord quite often. If we aren't working we are sending each other texts or are gaming with one another.Well, recently I've started to catch feelings as we've started to send photos of each other and ask much more personal questions, however, it still feels like even though we've gotten closer over the past month, we still are just friends, and feels like she may not be interested even though she constantly wants to game with me. It could just be that she's not into the games that the members of our group are playing currently, and since I'm willing to play the same games as her she will just gravitate towards me, so it might not be anything serious.Also, she lives a couple of states away, but since I recently got a new and MUCH better paying job it feels like the distance isn't actually that bad. Should I tell her how I feel and possibly make the dynamic of the tight friend group that I have slightly awkward or just sit on the feelings and wait for them to pass and possibly miss out on an opportunity?TLDR: The girl I like is in a friend group that I've been in for 2 years, we recently started talking a lot more in the past month, she lives a couple of states over. Should I risk missing out on an opportunity for the sake of the group dynamic or go with the flow and ask her out and try not to make it awkward?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.