/u/MidnightPetroleum on Proof that parents need to trust us more

Oh this is ridiculous. I definitely relate to compulsively hiding things even if I’m doing perfectly normal stuff. My mother has a habit of making fun of stuff I’m doing/watching (in a non-mean way) especially if there is a conventionally attractive man in there. One time she literally insisted I had a crush on Chris Pine in the Star Trek movies even though I spent the whole time hating his version of Kirk.

She didn’t know I was asexual (neither did I though) and I’m glad I was, because I literally had a fear that when I did find a boyfriend, she’d then do the same teasing about us. Now that she knows she mostly appears to have stopped, but the damage is done. I actually think it’s more because she’s going through a man-hating stage and most of her comments are now about that.

There is also the time she went through my internet browser completely out of nowhere and without asking me, and also read my notes app. She wasn’t even mad, just worried and/or curious about what was on there so she went ahead and did it. She doesn’t understand why this made me so angry and why I don’t want to show her things now.





May 24, 2021 at 12:05AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.