/u/discipula26 on Do you as an asexual person feel the need to "come out"?

I mean... yes and no.

Some reasons I want to come out/ like coming out: - More visibility for a very unknown orientation - I hate people assuming I’m straight, since it creates an image of me at odds with the person I feel I am inside - I’ve reached an age where relationships are the norm and a few people are even getting to the marriage stage and I sometimes feel obligated to provide an explanation for my lack of involvement in that sort of thing (pretty sure this is more of an aro concern but it still feels somewhat tied to my ace identity)

Some reasons I don’t really care for coming out: - Involves pulling out a mini-dictionary of terms even when trying to keep it simple - I’m a very private person and this kind of conversation feels awkward - I’ve had some less than pleasant responses in the past and wish to avoid similar encounters in the future





May 23, 2021 at 11:55PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.