/u/FiendZ0ne on Loneliness in the ace community?

Sup. (Female) Grey Ace here! I'm an Asexual individual who experiences random flares of romantic attraction every few years that only last about five seconds. I was a nymphomaniac from an extraordinarly young age, but treated it out of boredom, catharsis, or as a distraction from dissociating. Being the way I am, I often feel extremely lonely.. even inside the Asexual community. My dms are open if you ever need to vent, it would make my night!

Growing up was more confusing than I'd like to admit, and the public sex education system made things so much worse. Parents were out of the question. I was constantly asked if I was Mormon or a nun for not constantly dating boys lmao. On top of that I was an advid cross-dresser and would be bullied for apparently being trans (which I'm not, sweatpants and hoodies are just more comfy.) In an ironic twist, it made me deeply insecure about my gender identity as a female. I was convinced I was broken. After finding out my breasts wouldn't grow in, I caved into the pressure for two years which eventually triggered an early existential crisis. All I had was sex and sleep to cope with it all. Try not to think about my actions from back then. I was just a kid.

To end on a light note, my partner who stuck with me through it all ended up moving in. It's been 8 years. We still steak up on each other with pick up lines followed by some banter/friendly insults. I'm still alive. We're still here. We adopted a shelter dog who previously lived through hoarding conditions and she's been our light at the end of the tunnel. I work at Oreos and my partner is a security guard. Things are looking up! Like you, this passed year gave me time to reflect and dig up old forgotten bones like these. And hey, recently found out that despite being an introvert I actually enjoy getting drunk on socialization! Things don't get better, you just learn and adapt.





April 01, 2021 at 11:45PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.