/u/Eighty8Ducks on Does anyone else feel anxious when people are sexually attracted to you?

I am new to this sub but I just wanted to share that I have felt similarly and you are not alone. I have struggled with never quite understanding sexuality or sexual attraction and so feeling really uncomfortable in situations that suggest anything potentially involving it. Unfortunately in current society that is a large fraction of personal relations, and the fraction just seems to grow as we get older. On top of that I have been through similar situations like you describe regarding sexual harassment but have been lucky to have friends and family who are there for me as I work on feeling safer again at my own pace. They taught, and helped, me to be more patient with myself and my healing, and just by doing so have helped me start working on feeling safer with intimacy.

I wrote this just because I wanted to express some emotional camaraderie and reassure you that the experience you first described is not okay, regardless of one’s sexuality, but that you are not alone. It is okay to feel the way you are feeling, and it is okay to give yourself time to heal. It is okay to feel uncomfortable now, and it is okay to give yourself time to work on feeling safer. I sincerely hope you are able to speak to friends, family, a counselor, online resources, or any other trusted adult who can be by your side and help you through this.





April 22, 2021 at 11:30PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.