/u/askwomenthrowaway23 on How to verify if I'm on the asexual spectrum ?

oh god i always thought “get turned on but isn’t directed towards anyone” was called arousal? and “sexual desire” was for that arousal specifically pointed at someone? i always thought asexuality was the “lack of sexual desire” so i’d like to know if i have a misconception.

Not referring to “sexual desire” in OP’s post though, because if you are questioning there’s a decent chance you might use one term that has one definition but actually mean something else. Referring to it in your reply and explanation because I really don’t wanna have said “asexuality is the lack of sexual desire” and to have actually just been misinforming people

At least according to this page on the FAQ, arousal and sexual attraction are different, and scrolling down to the bolded Sexual attraction section on this page confirms arousal is basically getting turned on and sexual attraction is it being directed at someone. I can’t find anything on the FAQ or glossary about this, but I was working under the possibly false impression “sexual attraction” and “sexual desire” are often used interchangeably.





April 22, 2021 at 11:18PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.