/u/craigularperson on Can an asexual to also identify as queer?

I can only speak for myself, but I would rather say that I am able to have sex with someone, but there is no way for me to be sexually attracted to them. And I view sex as something more than it being physical, and I only experience the physical, which isn't that interesting either.

For me having sex with a woman or a man is equally pleasant/unpleasant. I can't know what other people experience and feels, but I would say that a hetero man might not like the idea of having sex with a man, and this is just how I feel about everybody. I actually think that sexual orientation goes beyond preference. You can have preferences within your orientation, but the orientation itself is not a preference.

If you hypothetical are homosexual and only among women, you wouldn't suddenly become straight, because your pool of possible sexual candidates got changed.

I would also rather say that attraction is either romantic or sexual. You might experience a romantic attraction toward women as a man, and being in a relationship you might have sex to please your partner, or to explore sex, or you think it's fun. But you are most likely not sexually attracted to your partner if you are asexual.





April 03, 2021 at 12:03AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.