/u/craigularperson on Can an asexual to also identify as queer?

I think part of the problem is also that being asexual is that there is no way for you being asexual outside of yourself. You can't in a sense "lead an asexual lifestyle". I was 25 when I realized that I felt something different from other since I was 15, so it is kinda difficult to even acknowledge it yourself.

Not sure if asexuality can be encompassed by amatonormativity, but I think that asexual and for instance being heterosexual is different enough that they shouldn't be regarded as the same.

As you mention I think the strongest case that asexuals should be viewed as form of queerness is that those with queer romantic attraction would be considered queer.

I further think that most of society is revolved around the expectations of being sexual, and or it is sometimes considered a political cause, should be a clear case of why asexuality should be considered a minority within sexual orientation.





April 02, 2021 at 11:30PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.