/u/BothSocksWet on On Dating Alo People

I started a relationship with a guy 2 years ago (when I was 17 and didn't know anything about asexuality, assumed that I was just straight) We didn't even mention sex until a friend of mine asked us about it. I never really wanted to do it, it always felt like a chore and something I'd have to get over with, but also a logical 'next step'. So we did it, year and a half into a relationship and I realized something was wrong. He was always way more into me sexually, and I just couldn't feel anything like that back, if you get me. I felt nothing but disgust for sex, and still do. I had to convince myself I wanted it. That's when I did the googling and found out about asexuality.
Sadly tho, it meant an end to our 2-year relationship. He said he wasn't bothered by it, even tho it was clear as day he was, and it was just stressing us both out. Some things are not meant to last. But tbf, coming out as asexual and realizing I actually don't have to have sex felt like a 1000ton boulder lifted from my back.
We are all born different and with different needs and desires. It's better to end something that just doesn't match than to pointlessly drag it out in the name of love. I just wanna scream at teenagers that they don't have to do something they don't want to, no matter what the others say. I sure would've loved to hear it before.





March 18, 2021 at 11:41PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.