/u/PositiveFreedom on Is asexuality from trauma?

Can trauma make you bisexual? I don't buy into this point of view at all personally, and it would straight up be offensive if you tried to swing it with any other orientation. Trauma can 100% develop disordered views or feelings towards sex, and can lead to several disorders related to sex drive or libido, but that's just not what asexuality is.

Whether you would like to identify as asexual as a result of that... I dunno. It's up to the person. I don't want to tell anyone how to identify.

I am speaking personally as someone who has had significant childhood trauma and is on antidepressants which reduce libido. I don't speak for everyone, but I had to do a lot of soul searching, introspection, and research on it to feel even a modicum of comfort.





February 25, 2021 at 11:41PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.