/u/Nerddess on The older I get, the more I get repulsed at sexual content in works of fiction.

I think for me it's because I realized people ACTUALLY feel something and I began to wonder if sexual content was put into media intending to elicit such reactions and realizing people around me were totally okay with and even WANTED THIS, IN PUBLIC because whenever I said anything against it, I was called a prude and people praised artists for not being so modest as me.

Life was easier when I could just naively believe it was as insignificant as that annoying but silly meme that never seems to die (before I knew about asexuality). Now there's horny people all around who pretend to have the decency not to engage in sexual acts publically yet are totally fine being visually titillated in public and nobody questions this at all. I feel like I'm in one of those dystopians where only one person realizes something is wrong and is vilified for it (like Fahrenheit 451 or something). Like do whatever you want behind closed doors, but son of a fluffing crumsnatcher, must you shove it in my face, too? Why does respect for fellow human beings stop at me?





February 06, 2021 at 11:22PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.