/u/essexmcintosh on Ignorant Mum seeking advice

Ignore the acronyms. I put them there part as a concrete example of stuff aces deal with, and part for other aces to know exactly what I was talking about. Archive has good articles on DSM. It's getting better, but there's still work to be done. Aces often get forgot about as stakeholders in medical stuff, for example.

The no acronym version is, do you remember when gay people were classified as mentally ill? If an ace winds up at the wrong doctor the doctor can attempt to treat an illness that isn't there.

There is nothing wrong with your daughter because she's ace, just like there's nothing wrong with gay people.





February 22, 2021 at 11:30PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.