/u/eggthrowaway5678 on I don’t understand people who get so pressed about asexual people. Or about anyone in the lgbtq+ community tbh. Why are you so invested in someone else’s sex life? That’s fucking weird. And creepy. And generally an invasion of privacy.

Sex positivity isn’t the same as sex-favorable. Sex positivity is a social stance, not a personal inclination. It is the idea that sex is a normal thing, that talking about it, having it, and not having it are all normal and acceptable and even good things. Sex positivity is the backbone upon which we argue that it’s acceptable, normal, and good for individuals to not be interested in sex.

This is basic social justice stuff, and shouldn’t be controversial here.





January 16, 2021 at 11:47PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.