/u/AlicornOfDiversity on Found this.

No, it's not. A negative can't be proven. (By all means, show me that proof!) To a complete outsider like me, the tooth fairy, Santa Claus, Slenderman, what have you, are the same as god. Stories. Supernatural beings. Unproven claims. I'm sorry if that offends your religious feelings, but that's how it is. Morals are an evolutionary trait. There are also these things called LAWS that govern society. Quick: should a r*pe victim be forced to marry her attacker and never be allowed to divorce? THAT is god's law. Should we stone people to death for working on Sundays? THAT is god's law. So you're absolutely right, I don't follow that. I'm better than that. And so are you, hopefully. Morals come from within. I have empathy. I don't want to hurt people, so I don't. And you should learn the difference between agnostic and gnostic atheism. You embarrass yourself. Atheism doesn't set out to prove anything, it's descriptive, not prescriptive. I don't believe in god. The end. I never started. I don't personally see how a god is even possible, but I also don't claim to know, one way or the other. The god question has no influence whatsoever in my day to day life. Which is why it's not a belief system. I don't go "WWJD?" and then do the opposite. I just try to be good towards people I meet and take everyone as they are. I don't have to look into an ancient tome written by goat herders to know whether or not I'm allowed to even speak with them. You really only make yourself look bad claiming your own morals are not enough to keep you in line btw... And as a last point: religion makes the positive claim that a god exists. So the burden of proof is on religion, not atheism.





January 26, 2021 at 11:34PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.