/u/Pseutri on How do I survive sex Ed

This will vary a lot by school, but in mine sex ed was just "don't have sex", consent, some scaremongering about STD's that will likely make them sound much worse and more prevalent than they actually are, and vague mentions of anatomy. I had to figure out what the actual mechanics of the act were from sex scenes in books because the teachers never got even that explicit about it. >.> Anyway, chances are, most of the actual sex stuff they tell you will be stuff you already know, and the rest will be sort of sex-adjacent stuff.

It is important to learn some things, like what birth control options there are (even if you don't plan on having sex a lot of people use them for other reasons, like getting rid of or reducing their periods), general information about the bodily nonsense whichever sex you aren't has to deal with, and the like. I agree that talking to the school counselor about it might help.

That said, it sounds like this is a full year's general health class? In which case, I would assume the vast majority of it won't be about sex in any case. They'll probably spend a lot of time talking about nutrition, judging alcohol consumption, and suchlike. Perhaps you could ask the teacher for the syllabus / plan for the year so that you have a general idea of what to expect? It could be you'd only have to endure a day or two about sex, or that you could skip those days (esp. with a note from the counselor or your parents).





December 05, 2020 at 11:56PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.