/u/WatcherOfStarryAbyss on Turns out I have shitty friends.

PSA:

Do not sext if you want a job with a high-security clearance. Anything that can be seen as compromising material that a hostile entity could use against you as leverage could easily be grounds to disqualify you from receiving your clearance. And it's not likely that they'll overlook those photos. They're thorough. They'll go back and talk to your elementary school teachers if the clearance is high enough.

Opinion:

I don't think people should sext anyway, security clearance issues aside. Digital devices are never 100% secure, and there's a very high likelihood that someone will see your media when you don't want them to. Someone will scroll through your messages, something will be backed up to the cloud when you didn't expect it, or the platform will be hacked eventually.

Never do anything on-camera that you would be ashamed for your neighbor and their coworkers to see. If you feel comfortable sharing images of your body publicly, then more power to you. Otherwise, always assume that there's a stranger looking at every picture you send. Because someday, there very well might be. Nothing on the internet is private.

If you absolutely want to send your SO/crush/whoever sexy pictures and/or videos, but you want to keep it private for as long as possible, put it on an SD card and snail mail it. I'm not even joking.





November 12, 2020 at 11:44PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.