/u/Mawngee on It's time to end the tyranny of coupledom | Relationships

Sexism is the reason; because it's "the wife's duty to support the husband" mentality that was/is so pervasive. The wife wasn't allowed to have her own personality, so had to be an extension of the husband. It's good that it's becoming less and less of an issue, but there still some places where the wife is referred to as "Mrs. <husband's name>" instead of her actual name.

There are also shitty stereotypes that say an unmarried person must have something wrong with them, ignoring all the moral failings of past married presidents/politicians.





November 16, 2020 at 11:56PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.