/u/ChaoticWanderer on How did you learn the allosexual tongue?

a result of my c-ptsd, but I would define it as the most resilient thought pattern and nothing else.

It's unfortunate that you had to go through tragic event(s) and I hope you're able to manage well and keep pulling through. I know it might not mean much, but this internet stranger is rooting for you.

It is a resilient thought pattern. I wouldn't say I second guess everything, but I do have theories about many "everybody knows this" things. It can be quite draining to put it simply.

Do you have like almost no "problems" with narcists, psychopaths and sociopaths?

Hmm, that's a tough question. I wouldn't say I can detect those exact people immediately. I pick up when someone is "off" or "doesn't belong" fairly well, I think. But I have trouble deciding if it's in a good or bad way unless I get a closer look. I'm too hindered by "well, that's just my perspective. If anything I should check how they see things before a final call," (assuming I plan to interact again).

I don't think I've drawn any truces? For the most part (like 95%?) I don't bother people or they're fond of me. And anyone I've known that's claimed they're not a "people person" have yet to have an issue with me.

Thank you!

You're welcome

It's been really helpful for me, at least in reminding me that "wait. What does X want or need from this convo. Maybe I should adjust a bit so we're more on the same wavelength."

I understand that not everyone has the resources needed, but how many people "just live on", without even trying to change anything,

Rant totally understood. I think a lot of people are just able to get away with it, so they do. They might have thought something was wrong, but either got told by peers and society it was "fine" or "doesn't matter" and so they moved on because it wasn't that much of a hindrance.

Consider aces. It's a good chance that we all got told repeatedly, whether indirectly or directly, that everyone feels sexual attraction and we all want sex. We don't fit that mold, so it's lead to questioning or doubts, etc. But, for non-aces... why wonder about the existence of people like aces in the first place? There's no motive. They don't personally relate and so there's nothing pushing for a realization beyond what society normally says: you want sex. She wants sex. Sex for all consenting adults

I think non-aces (99%) only first wonder about us because they know someone who identities as such or they just happen to catch notion of our existence while learning about the full LGBTQIA+.





October 06, 2020 at 11:31PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.