/u/TimeyWimey1467 on Everyone has family

Dying is good? Are you serious? I guess genocides were all good. I mean if all genocides, famines, war crimes must be really good. They have killed 100s of millions of people across history. I imagine if they all didn't die, they would breed and we would have far more population, far fewer resources, the ecosystem would probably never recover. I guess they were all good by your definition. Even the 796K Covid deaths. Do you see how dumb that sounds.

No, death isn't a good thing and doesn't qualify.

When I say good, find something that you would wish upon other people and congratulate (them and their loved ones) if they have it. If you friend tells you he wants to die and he does, I don't think you would be stoked about it and congratulate his family. You know why? Because it's not a good thing.

And no, this is not just one post. There are many and many of them are filled with toxicity. "Oh, you said have a family and not have a child? How dare you? Why do you push heterosexual normalities on us and oppress us?" Jesus.

I am also sexually repulsed asexual.

You don't expect me to understand because you are very judgemental. I am Indian and sex repulsed asexual. This country is far less tolerating of different sexualities than many others (unless you yourself are from India or middle east etc).

The difference between us is that when someone wants me to have something that is almost globally loved, expected, and encouraged, I don't get offended. I understand that is the norm and its not a big deal to have such expectations and move on.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with "oh, you'll have kids. Everyone does." They say because 99% of the population does. The only reason to be offended is if they know you are infertile and still say that. If they didn't you should simply let them know.





August 21, 2020 at 11:14PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.