/u/PerilousNebula on Does this count as asexuality?

Out of curiosity have you looked into the differences between, the different attraction types? Some people (myself included) related aesthetic attraction with sexual attraction. If you don't have something it is hard to know exactly what your are missing and may mis attrubute aesthetic attraction.

For me I can appreciate someone is good looking. For example I enjoy seeing Chris Hemsworth in movies and so did my sister in law. I couldn't understand why my brother was jealous of the fact she thought he was hot and so I asked him if he would be that upset over her enjoying a painting... my brother was frustrated by my comparison and replied "it's different, you know that"..... but i didn't know that, for me it was EXACTLY the same feeling. Talking to other friends I found out everyone but me understood it was different.

I say this because your initial post i didn't think really sounded very asexual since you said you had sexual attraction, but reading some of your replies made me think perhaps you don't and instead experience romantic or aesthetic attraction. Something to think about if you haven't before, it was eye opening for me and connected a lot of puzzle pieces.





August 12, 2020 at 11:59PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.