/u/charliethequeer on So, Ace or no?

According understanding, sexual attraction is when you are aroused by someone.

Often, people use sexual attraction as a way to rate people’s attractiveness and because of that, even if what you’re feeling is actually aesthetic attraction, you could be used to hearing those terms describe attractiveness and therefore also use them.

I had a conversation with my friends last week about an attractive celebrity and they were talking about how they thought he was attractive but they weren’t attracted to him. It made me pretty confused because I didn’t really understand the difference.

A lot of asexuals aren’t sex repulsed, we just aren’t sexually attracted to people. It could be that you’re mistaking your aesthetic attraction for sexual attraction and therefore using sexual words to describe it but maybe I’m just projecting. Hope this helps!





July 21, 2020 at 11:19PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.