/u/1nocturnalsonofagun on Most of you have been in this situation...My father: accepting. My mom: doubting, saying ”you’ll change your mind eventually”. My younger sister: There is no other orientation than heterosexuality. (I’m male 18yo)

I’m so sorry the majority of your family members reacted so doubtful. You are incredibly brave to come out to them, congratulations on that!

I‘m only out to five people, none of them family so I’m afraid I can’t understand your situation as well as others.

Still, if you are open to any suggestions, maybe talk to your mother about how you are feeling if you haven’t already. Explain it to her, if she has questions, answer them, questions show that she is at least trying to understand you.

Your sisters viewpoint is surprisingly narrow (I don’t know how old she is but how can she not know at least about homosexuality?). I guess the best you can do is talk to her about it and maybe inform her a bit.

However, you cannot force change and it’s only a suggestion, I’m sure others could offer you better advice.

Regardless, I wish you all the best and I hope your family will come around! Stay safe c:





July 11, 2020 at 11:46PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.