/u/oddsboodkins on I can't see TwelveClara as something allosexual.

I don't think every doctor is. Tenth hint at sexuality a lot but regardless yeah that's pretty weird.

For me Tenth is just demi and a kisser.

Didn't Twelfth say canonically to Billie something along the lines "Romantic and sexual relationships weren't really a big deal to time lords and that it's just a weird human thing and that humans don't really understand how more powerful other type of relationships and friendships like his one with The Master are"

Actually, his speech is about gender. He says the Master was his man crush at the time of the academy and Billie asks if Time Lords only change gender smoothly and he says that: "They [Time Lords] are the most civilized civilization in the universe and they are beyond human conception of gender."

Which segway me into...I think the reason it bothers you and me so much is that Doctor Who is literally the only show (like honestly...name another one) that values QPR other romantic or sexual relationships. It gives us so much visibility in just wholesome QPR and having allo people trying to appropriate it, just really sucks and feel annoying. You have so many incompatible people to ship in other shows and with writers willing to make it true, just leave those wholesome QPR alone. We don't have much.

I agree with you, in parts. I don't care about other shipps in Doctor Who being seen as sexual, but when it comes to Twelfth I get defensive. He, to me, is the definition of ace strict. Twelfth doesn't care and doesn't want to and that's my vision and I like it.





June 27, 2020 at 11:50PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.