/u/BCNJ09 on Chicago?

Yeah! Same. I actually made a really great friend on the train a while back, and she's literally the same age as my parents. We share a mutual love of good diners, delis, and gardening and a mutual hatred of North Jersey corruption. :D Just goes to show you how far good conversation can go.

Last time I tried being a mod was when a couple kids at school made a message board, then decided they wanted to destroy it and started trolling all the forums. I deleted their crap on my forum, and that's when they turned against me in real life. :( Not that it'd necessarily happen here, but I could easily see trolls going on when I'm asleep/at work/etc.

As far as I know, anyone can make a subreddit, but it's kinda like a club in college - to be successful, you need the right amount of promotion and engagement. I used to help run a few different cultural orgs, ranging from really popular (Japanese culture) to... not even slightly popular (Russian culture). Was not easy! :P

But, hey, if someone with the right amount of enthusiasm can do it, I'm all for it! :)





June 03, 2020 at 11:13PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.