/u/Mcolson2005 on Coming Out Issue

I had a somewhat similar experience with my dad when I came out to him, I told him that I think I’m ace, and that I’d prefer to identify as ace for as long as I’m comfortable with that label. He said to me “I think it’s too early for you to truly know if you’re ace, but I don’t honestly care since you’re not attracted to girls”, I’m roughly the same age as you, and I honestly felt kinda weird and uncomfortable when he told me that cause it was blatantly homophobic, but I chose to ignore that and focus on the fact that he seemed to accept me for who I am. But the difference is, is that I’ve been out for roughly a year, and he still tries to talk to me about do I find guys attractive and asks if I’m just lying to myself, and all kinds of things like that. While my sister is really accepting and nice and even though she doesn’t really understand it, she asks questions and tries to be polite. So my advice is to come out to a sibling or other trusted friend/family member in order to talk to them, because it helps a lot. But don’t force yourself out to someone if you don’t feel comfortable telling them.🖤🤍💜





May 17, 2020 at 11:49PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.