/u/Happy_birthday_world on Therapist in need of information

A thing asexuals and aromatics hear a lot is ‘what if you change your mind in the future?’ Please never say this. Most aces have doubted their asexuality. It’s very frustrating to hear that because everyone is capable of changing their mind in the future, not just asexuals, but other people aren’t constantly lectured when they make a decision because ‘what if you change your mind’. It shouldn’t even be a big deal if we change our mind. People change.

Also, please do not pity us. We are not missing out. It’s not like we have a terrible illness preventing us from doing this thing we enjoy. We’re just people who have different preferences to others. Some people really love chocolate cake, just looking at it or thinking about it makes them hungery. For us (and I’m generalising here) we just aren’t interested in the cake, it’s ok we guess, some of us will have a bite, but we prefer garlic bread.





May 17, 2020 at 11:24PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.