Every man I date only talks about themselves

I don’t know if I’m picking them badly but every single person I meet only talks about themselves and asks me like 3 questions the entire date. (22F dating men for context)

I don’t know if i’m supposed to just interject facts about my life to keep the conversation even?? That feels unnatural but for some reason every man who I meet feels comfortable doing just that. I‘ll end up asking them more and more about themselves because I don’t know what else to do especially when a silence comes on. To experiment, I’ve started waiting and not saying anything in silences in hopes that they’ll turn the conversation to me but they still don’t.

I understand being nervous but it just seems like they’re trying to impress me with facts about them when one of the big things I’m trying to figure out is if they actually care about me and the stories I (rarely get to) tell.

When they do ask me about myself they just go “tell me about yourself” instead of asking follow up questions to what I talk about or saying natural things like asking about my day and then transitioning from there. I feel like I’m in an interview, and am immediately feeling uncomfortable, yet it is so common.

This guy I met tonight even ACKNOWLEDGED that he was only talking about himself. BUT THEN KEPT GOING. I didn’t know what to even say to that so I said “Oh haha it’s fine i’m interested”. I didn’t know how to say “i don’t want to hear any more about your fucking dog, ask me something!”

Anyway ... just my rant on dating :/



Submitted October 28, 2019 at 11:53PM

I don’t know if I’m picking them badly but every single person I meet only talks about themselves and asks me like 3 questions the entire date. (22F dating men for context)I don’t know if i’m supposed to just interject facts about my life to keep the conversation even?? That feels unnatural but for some reason every man who I meet feels comfortable doing just that. I‘ll end up asking them more and more about themselves because I don’t know what else to do especially when a silence comes on. To experiment, I’ve started waiting and not saying anything in silences in hopes that they’ll turn the conversation to me but they still don’t.I understand being nervous but it just seems like they’re trying to impress me with facts about them when one of the big things I’m trying to figure out is if they actually care about me and the stories I (rarely get to) tell.When they do ask me about myself they just go “tell me about yourself” instead of asking follow up questions to what I talk about or saying natural things like asking about my day and then transitioning from there. I feel like I’m in an interview, and am immediately feeling uncomfortable, yet it is so common.This guy I met tonight even ACKNOWLEDGED that he was only talking about himself. BUT THEN KEPT GOING. I didn’t know what to even say to that so I said “Oh haha it’s fine i’m interested”. I didn’t know how to say “i don’t want to hear any more about your fucking dog, ask me something!”Anyway ... just my rant on dating :/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.